Thursday, August 7, 2008

We took our annual trip to Red Fish this week and it seems like every year it just gets better. Getting ready to go and coming home almost put me away but it is always worth it. The absolutely best part for me are the BIG bike rides every morning after breakfast and every evening after dinner. Scott is going to put that on my blog when he gets time cause my camera wasn't working right. We sit around the fire every night till midnight and have the most fun talking and laughing. In the hot afternoons everyone heads to the beach and play games around the picnic table. I usually enjoy my air conditioned camper and a nice nap. Dutch oven potatoes and fruit are the best part of eating. We had tons of junk food that I couldn't resist but the REAL food is always soooo much better. I made cinnamon rolls and can you believe I had to bring them home and feed them to the dog. Next year I'll bring more fruit and just cookies, they seem to go over the best. I came home to piles of wash and my garden busting forth with green beans and raspberries that needed attention immediately. When we got home the electricity was off. I weeded till I couldn't see then I had to take a shower with my clorox bottles of water in my storage. FUN

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! We were sad to not be able to go, especially Gabe. Hes deprived of nature these days! I almost cried when I read that part about you feeding cinnamon rolls to the dog. WHAT A SHAME to waste such a delicious delicacy!!!