Sunday, June 10, 2012

   We had the such a great weekend!  The kids usually come for Seth's birthday and several couldn't make it but for the ones who did, we had the best time.  The weather was cold and windy but we made the most of it and it didn't mess up our plans too much.  Friday we all met at the Craters of the Moon.  We had a pot luck picnic and then did our usual hike to Indian tunnel.  This hike is just right, not to long, not too short and the tunnel is the coolest ever!  It always gives me a high and I never tire of it.  I have to go to the Craters at LEAST once every summer.  I think it just might be my favorite spot on earth.  It's just different, unique and has this weird beauty.  Then we came home, sat around the fire pit all evening, till 1:00 in the morning.  My very favorite part of the weekend was all the grand-kids sneaking and running around the whole place playing no bears are out tonight.  They had some fireworks and seeing all those little cousins getting to know each other and making fabulous memories just thrilled me.

   Sat. morning we woke up to gorgeous weather.  Trish and I went for a two mile walk then we all headed up to swingin tree.  This swing makes me SOOOO nervous, but I actually went on it and swung a grandma style swing.  Chase was of course reckless and had to show off with one hand so it was a miracle that we made it home safe and sound.  Then the weather got so cold and windy!  Later we drove out to see Box canyon cause some had never seen it and it's kinda like our own little mini grand canyon out in the desert.  A fine activity on a cold windy afternoon.

   That evening the boys cooked Dutch oven chicken and potatoes and the girls made beans and salad.  We ate the most delicious fattening, heart attack meal you could imagine!  Then we watched one of my favorite movies that is totally unbelievable, but true, "Catch Me If You Can."

   People started leaving that night and the next morning and afternoon.  I had frozen a monster lasagna, French bread and cake and had so many leftovers I was giving plates away to all the neighbors.



















   All in all, it was enjoyed more than I can express.   This tradition is for sure a keeper.   OOOHHHH family is the BEST!!!

 

5 comments:

Shelley Beal said...

Oh dear, I'm having so much trouble getting those photos right, oh well, if you click on them they become normal. Good luck, I know you are all smarter than I am on this computer stuff.

Shelley Beal said...

I forgot to say that Kelsey and Chase both brought home friends in case you don't recognize a couple of people.

Shelley Beal said...

I forgot to say that Kelsey and Chase both brought home friends in case you don't recognize a couple of people.

The Cannons said...

Sorry we missed out. Looks like great fun. The picture of you on the swinging tree is my favorite!

Unknown said...

I was super depressed to miss out on this! Especially after Gabe told me how much fun everything was. as usual the food sounded fabulous and Kelsey and Chases current flames look like they jumped right in! We will have to come for a little trip to the farm soon. Its been a long time!